It’s been a few weeks now since I planted out three seedling potatoes. I went for a potato sack, but the results haven’t been as good as I expected, with only two coming up. Again, probably the weather.
Most of the seed potatoes shrivelled up before shoots started to grow; while the eating potatoes in the house all started sprouting. So I’ve made use of them by planting four (two in each) in these large pots.
I’m using the free compost I collected on Friday from the Recycling Centre. When I’ve finished with it, it can go onto the second raised bed to build up the levels, and the nutrients.
I haven’t added water-retaining crystals to these pots as I didn’t want the potatoes sitting on them and rotting.