I’ve not been doing a lot in the garden the past couple of weeks as decorating is taking priority. But during the times when it was sunny, but not too hot, and we couldn’t even get inside, we managed to complete a few things. So here are my six.
- Completed my shady border – Peonies, clematis montana and Japanese anemones
2. Finished my pallets project – but what to grow?
3. Used a few more old bricks to make shallow beds for succulents and herbs at the front of the house.
4. Harvested Moneymaker tomatoes – with plenty more to go. Someone suggested I should cut off the tips to put more energy into the fruit. Any thoughts either way?
5. Watered and fed leeks – and even ate a couple – not bad for a tray of 20+ ‘rescue’ plants for £1. Cucumber plants in the background – several tiny cucumbers now showing.
6. Cleared nasturtiums and marigolds and sowed rocket seeds