A mixed bag for this week’s Six on Saturday.
- I photographed the plants in the old boots while on holiday. They were are Devil’s Bridge station on the Vale of Rheidol narrow gauge steam railway.
- I thought I’d lost the saxifrage during the hot summer weather but it’s coming back and will soon be ready to split.
- My houseleeks (Hens & Chickens) are rooting nicely.
- The sedums in my front border are in full colour now and the bees love them.
- I thought this hardy fuchsia had finished flowering a few weeks ago, but a few showers of rain seems to have started it off again.
- I cut this alpine clematis right down to the ground at the beginning of August when I remade a shady border; now it’s scrambling back up the trellis.