This is my method, there may be other ways to do this but I couldn’t find anything that worked; so by trial and error, I came up with this – tested it – and tested it again.
Any changes that you later make on your spreadsheet will NOT carry forward onto your blog.
I suggest that you do not use your original document but take a copy and place it in a separate FOLDER, then work from that.
- Create your garden plan in Excel and SAVE it.
- Highlight the cells you want to copy into your post (click right-mouse button and hold to drag) then COPY (Ctrl + C).
- Minimize your original spreadsheet and open a new WORD document.
- Click on the right mouse button and look at the PASTE options – you want to choose paste as picture (hover your cursor over each icon until you reach the correct one).
- Click on it and SAVE the word document in the usual way (using the SAVE icon top left of your screen or FILE, SAVE or SAVE AS).
- Do not close the Word document yet.
- Right click again on the spreadsheet to access the drop-down menu.
- Click on Save as Picture – indicated by the red arrow. Check the Save As type – this should show as Portable Network Graphics.
- Make sure that you are saving it into your dedicated file/folder
- SAVE then exit that document.
- You should now have an image document that you can add to the Media Library on your blog and insert it into your post as required.
- Like this . . .
Please post a comment if you try this, and let me know if it works for you – or not!