With little room in my garden and plans afoot to make more of a restricted space, I’ve been looking at compost bins. We don’t have the time – or access to recycled materials – to make our own.
This is a 4smile 300 litre compost bin measuring 61 x 61 x 83 cms (24 x 24 x 32.5 inches) – exactly the right size for my shady border – and I need two of them. Currently available on Amazon for £31.55 and free postage – if I order them today, they should arrive by next Saturday.
Reviews are mostly positive
- ease of opening the hinged lid
- ease of accessing the finished compost
- simple to put together
- unobtrusive colour
- an ideal size to recycle kitchen waste for two people
- flimsy lid (doesn’t take the weight of a cat!)
- lid needs to be propped open to fill
- prone to blowing over until some waste is put in
- Can be difficult to ‘snap’ together
Is anyone currently using this particular bin (or one of a similar design)?
- What are the positives?
- What are the negatives?
- Any other comments?
I’ll eventually be looking to place them within a sort of open fronted shed (all will be made clearer in a later post).