Against all expectations, I have scraped together a further Six on Saturday. Not taken this morning as I had my flu jab at 9am and have a two-hour OU Tutorial coming up in a few minutes time.

It’s a grey old day outside, without a hint of a breeze to move the clouds on but the sarracenia adds some colour. It’s still outside, though I should move it undercover, away from falling leaves.

It seems a shame to disturb this pot but if I want to keep the begonia and pinks for next year I’ll have to do something soon.

‘Autumn Joy’ continues to live up to her name, and there’s a double delight as the afternoon sun sits lower in the sky casting shadows on the wall. Ignore the tatty lavender in the front (and my other neighbour’s overgrown shrubs that she has now decided she can’t afford to have cut back).

The foliage on the Jerusalem artichokes finally succumbed to wind damage, so I chopped it off as the pots kept falling over. Now they are safe, and I have some woody stems to cut up and put in the compost bin. They need to dry out first though (and I’m running out of room).

The cotoneaster looks its best this time of year. I’ve yet to see birds eating the berries though. Apparently the berries are popular with blackbirds, thrushes and waxwings. We have plenty of the first two, but I’ve yet to see a waxwing in the flesh (should that be in the feather?), and the other two obviously have better things to eat at the moment. Now I come to think of it, there are fewer birds visiting the garden this year.

One of the small, but fast spreading campanulas. I like it in the front border; not so much when it invades the cracks in the wall of the front border. I pull it out by the handful and I’ve had the weedburner on it but I don’t want to resort to weedkiller, Then again, I don’t want to have to re-build the wall.

So that’s my lot for this week. Now to wrestle with technology as I try to remember how to actually log in to the online tutorial room. Fortunately we don’t need to set up cameras, just headphones with microphone on Mute!

Coffee first, I think.

In other news:

Following investigations for heart problems after chest pains at the end of August, I had a CT angiogram on 3 November at eleven o’clock and a telephone call later that afternoon to say all test are normal (for my age), with no sign of blockages or heart disease. I can stop using the GTN spray (not that I had) and stop taking the low-dose aspirin. This is a huge relief. But it was a wake-up call and in the two months since the initial diagnosis of angina, I have got back into the habit of walking every morning and eating healthier.